Conyngham Valley Civic Organization
George C. Ernst Pool
Rules & Regulations 2021
The following rules and regulations have been established for the protections and benefit of all members and day pass holders. It is the responsibility of all members and day pass holders to abide by them. Parents are to instruct their children to observe all rules and to obey the instructions of lifeguards, managers and concession stand employees.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF THESE RULES SHALL BE CONSIDERED SUFFICIENT CAUSE FOR IMMEDIATE SUSPENTION OF POOL PRIVILEGES FOR THE OFFENDING MEMBER OR DAY PASS HOLDER. SUCCESSIVE VIOLATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED SUFFICIENT CAUSE FOR CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP OR DAY PASS.
- POOL HOURS:
- Daily 11:00am to 8:00pm, weather permitting at the discretion of the pool manager, from opening date TBD to Labor Day weekend.
- Lap swimming is from 10am to 11am.
- Extended hours are arranged at the discretion of the CVCO board.
- There will be two 15-minute daily rest periods at 1pm and 4pm daily. Kiddie Pool is closed during rest periods.
- Closures due to inclement weather will be posted on the CVCO Facebook page. f. The pool may be closed early if there are no patrons for 15 minutes within the last hour of the pool being open (7-8pm).
- MEMBERSHIP CARDS
- Membership card MUST be presented when entering the bathhouse to provide identification. Cards are not transferrable.
- MUST PRESENT ID AT REGISTRATION AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A MEMBER.
- The guest fee is $7 for adult (14 and older) and $5 for children (2 and under free). c. Limited to 5 passes per individual.
- A US government issued identification must be provided for all guests older than 18. 4. DAY PASS:
- MUST PRESENT ID AT REGISTRATION.
- The day pass fee is $10 for adult (14 and older) and $7 for a child (2 and under free). c. Limited to 5 passes per individual.
- A US government issued identification must be provided for all day passes older than 18. e. Day passes are limited on a first come first serve basis at the discretion of the manager or board. Signs will be placed on door when sold out for the day.
- LAP SWIM DAY PASS:
- Only valid from 10am to 11am. $5
- The following health and safety rules will apply in the use of the pool.
- GLASS CONTAINERS are not allowed in the bath house or pool area.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, splashing or profanity in or about the pool area c. Behavior that is disruptive to the Lifeguard or other patrons will not be tolerated. d. No pets are allowed in the pool area.
- Admission may be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, infections or to anyone wearing bandages.
- Children 8 years of age and older are not allowed to use the Kiddie Pool. g. All children under 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Untrained or diapered infants MUST wear a SWIM diaper to enter the main pool. i. All patrons shall use the facilities at their own risk.
- Parents are responsible for supervision in the kiddie pool.
- DIVING RULES:
- Diving is not permitted in the Main Pool.
- Only 1 person is allowed on the diving board at a time
- Diving is not allowed until the previous diver has reached the ladder.
- Dive from the board in a forward direction only.
- Only 1 bounce per dive is allowed.
- Divers may be requested to demonstrate swimming competency prior to using the diving well
- The C.V.C.O will not be responsible for any accident, injury, theft, loss, or damage to personal property on the premises of the pool area.
- The cost of any damaged property shall be charged to responsible party
- Members shall be held responsible for the actions of their guests.
- No intoxicants of any kind will be permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted on CVCO property.
- No profane or abusive language or inappropriate behavior shall be permitted. 14. All refuse must be placed in containers provided for this purpose.
- Inflated tubes are not permitted in the Main pool or diving well. *Except on float nights: Tuesdays & Thursdays after 5pm
- An adult must accompany children wearing flotations devices when in Main pool. 17. Unnecessary conversation with the life guards on duty is prohibited.
- All patrons must enter and exit through the bathhouse unless instructed otherwise or given permission by an employee/the manager.
- The pool and pavilion are available to rent for parties after 6pm.
- Proper & appropriate swimwear is required.
- CVCO does not and shall not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- These rules may be revised, or additional rules established at any time by the pool committee.