The CVCO is seeking a motivated individual with previous management and leadership experience to work in the capacity of Recreation Manager. The Recreation Manager will be responsible for the oversight and operations of the George C. Ernst Community Pool and John
and Ruth B. Gould Recreation Center. In addition, the employee will be responsible for aiding in the operations of the current CVCO programs and developing new programs for the community. The employee must possess exceptional communication, public relations,
organizational and business management skills. Prior work with community programs and children programs preferred. The candidate will be required to problem-solve daily within the expectations of the Programming Committee. The candidate must be willing to attend CVCO board meetings and work directly with the board to maintain and develop new recreational programs.
WHY WORK FOR CVCO
The CVCO has been a civic organization dedicated to the Conyngham Valley citizens since 1953. The organization was formed with the purpose to support, promote, encourage, sponsor and foster civic and cultural improvements for the surrounding residents. We are looking for talented individual(s) with previous management experience to embrace and execute plans in accordance with the core CVCO values and board of directors’ vision. We are seeking an individual that will be a community ambassador for the organization and is innovative and adaptive to the needs of the members and community. The Recreation Manager should be creative and capable in developing programming to capitalize on the available CVCO resources. Open communication and the ability to adapt and problem solve quickly is necessary. The Recreation Manager will lead and mentor employees into charge positions.
- Pesticide license
- Lifeguard certification
- Valid CPR and First Aid
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- Ability to stand or site for prolonged amounts of time
- May require lifting children or adults for rescue
- The ability to see, hear and communicate are integral for this position and manual
dexterity if needed to perform as these duties involve relieving life guards
- Exposure to sun, heat and various weather conditions
- Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance, Pennsylvania state police criminal record
check and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Background check
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug screening
JOB DUTIES: *Including but not limited to*
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel (data entry) & Word
- Basic accounting knowledge & proficiency in QuickBooks or an equivalent (data entry)
- Implementation and maintenance of a Point of Sale system
- Proficient in marketing and social media skills
- POOL MANAGEMENT
- Perform lifeguard duties
- Lifeguard management and training/lifesaving drills
- Proficient in pool chemical, pH balance, etc.
- Proficient in pool cleaning techniques
- Management of pool filter and pump system
- Ability to perform basic repairs for pool facility, equipment and janitorial skills
- Willingness to learn and become proficient in CVCO pool computer system
- Inventory management for concession stand and chemical orders
- Daily cash reconciliation of cash register
- Ability to create employee schedules
- Organize and lead orientation and staff meetings
- Manage and tabulate payroll hours
- Available for open/closing of the pool
- Enforce pool rules and regulations
- Develop pool swimming programs, swim lessons and pool parties
- BUILDING MANAGEMENT
- Manage gym online rental schedule
- Ensure renters are CVCO members and comply with the rental agreement
- Comfortable with PayPal (or equivalent) payments
- Check on building regularly/after rentals
- Perform basic janitorial duties
- Enforce building rules and regulations
- Ability to manage our electronic security systems
- Work with Shooting Stars Committee to organize Shooting Stars Basketball program
- RECREATION PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Develop new programs for the community that utilize our facilities.
- Available to aid in all CVCO organized events and fundraisers including, but not limited to, Memorial Day Parade, Valley Day Weekend, Halloween Parade.
- Serve as a community liaison for the Board of Directors via open, honest communication.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Reports directly to the Programming Committee chairperson and indirectly to the Programming Committee members and CVCO board of directors.
- Reduced hours in the fall, winter, spring
- Increased hours in the summer: Pool open Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays year round